Saudi, UAE, Bahrain, Egypt, Yemen, Libiya and Maldives cut diplomatic ties with Qatar accusing the gulf country of funding extremist groups and supporting Iran.
The leadership of Qatar is accused of destabilising the the security of the region by funding and supporting extremist groups like Islamic State, Muslim Brotherhood, and Al Qaeda. Saudi leadership accused Qatar of backing terrorist group in their province of Qatif and Bahrain. Saudi also accused Qatar media of trying to undermine the fight of Saudi-led coalition against Houthis in Yemen. It also confirmed Qatar troops would be pulled out of the coalition force in Yemen.
Saudi, Bahrain and the UAE have asked the diplomats of Qatar to leave their territories within 48 hours. They also cut air, water services to and from Qatar and shut land borders to the state. In addition to this, They gave 14 days for Qatar citizens to leave their countries.
Also Read: No known reason for the Crisis: Qatar
Iran ties and Arab Spring
Supporting Arab spring and maintaining relations with Iran are said to be the main reasons behind the present situation. Qatar has never condemned the “Arab Spring” that overthrown many governments in the region. This sparked off a rift between Qatar and other gulf countries.
Even though Saudi and other gulf countries consider Iran as the sponsor of terrorist groups Qatar has always maintained a good relation with them. Moreover they decided to strengthen its ties with Iran which proved to be a catalyst to worsen the crisis.
Is Trump behind the move?
Reports also say that it is after the recent visit of US president Donald Trump to Saudi Arabia that the gulf states decided to strengthen their stand against Qatar. During his visit Trump has lashed out severe allegations against Iran and urged the gulf countries to move united against them. Qatar’s opposition to any such move stirred up things against them.
Also Read: Saudi Amnesty: About 20,000 Indians to return
In midst of this a statement of Qatar ruler supporting Iran and extremist group Hisbullah came in Qatar news agency. Which eventually was pulled of stating the site was hacked by terrorists.
Read More Gulf News:
- Keralite Harvests Miracle Paddy Crop in Desert Sands of UAE
- Taking Selfie in UAE can land you in jail
- UAE to set up world’s largest electronic waste recycling plant
- Nobody will starve, UAE launches Food bank
- New Driving License Rules to Affect Expat Community in UAE
- Indians should not carry these things to U.A.E, Violators face strict penalties
- Indians top the suicide list of Oman
- Dubai To Introduce Self-Flying EHang Air Taxis in July
Read More Latest News:
- Centre’s Cattle Order Gets `Slaughtered’ By Madras High Court
- Jayalalithaa No Longer a Holy Cow in Tamil Nadu
- Did Arnab Goswami Steal Footage? Times Now Red-faced
- Modi Must Make Public All Constructive Criticisms and Action Taken
- PhD Scholar Serves Parathas By Roadside At Night
- Kumble Episode: As Usual, It’s BCCI, The Board of Chaos and Confusion in India
- Burhan Wani Successor Sabzar Bhat Killed in Kashmir Encounter
- Indian Scientists Develop Drones With Human Brain As Command Centre