India beat Sri Lanka by an innings and 239 runs at Nagpur Test as records and wickets tumbled.
In just over three hours, India bundled out Sri Lanka in the second Test at Nagpur registering an emphatic win defeating the island nation by an innings and 239 runs. Records and wickets tumbled at Nagpur, making the test a statistician’s delight.
R Ashwin spun his way through bagging four wickets on the fourth day to touch a milestone of 300 Test wickets.
The biggest record to tumble was that India had equalled their highest winning margin in Test cricket by beating Sri Lanka by an innings and 239 runs.
Dinesh Chandimal was the only batsman to offer any challenge even ass others faltered and fell at the other end.
Here are the other records:
Virat Kohli went past Sir Don Bradman’s tally of four double tons as a skipper.
Kohli also equalled Brain Lara’s record of four double centuries as a captain.
Kohli has scored the most number of 150-plus scores an Indian captain in Tests.
Kohli also surpassed Ricky Ponting’s 9 centuries in 2016 as captain by scoring his tenth international hundred this year
Kohli also scored his twelfth Test century as an Indian captain, the most by any other Indian skipper. He surpassed Sunil Gavaskar’s tally of 11 tons.
Kohli’s 213 is now the highest score by an Indian captain in a Test innings against Sri Lanka. Kohli overtook Kapil Dev’s 163 which the former skipper scored in Kanpur in 1986.
This is India’s seventh 600+ total in Test cricket under Virat Kohli. No team has more than five 600+ totals under a captain.
This is just the second time that four of the top-6 Indian batsmen have scored a century in same Test innings.
Rohit Sharma’ registered his third consecutive score of over 50 in Tests.
India have crossed 600 in Tests for the 30th time. Only Australia are ahead of India with 32.
Read More Sports News:
- Legalised Sports Betting The Way Forward
- Mohd Shami Faces Threat From Barber and Gang
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni, The `Final’ Man
- India must raise ‘boycott Pakistan’ call in all sporting activity
- Pele Is The Greatest; Maradona, Messi, Cristiano Stand in No Comparison
- Why Dhoni Decided to Give up Captaincy?
- ISL, AIFF Violate Many FIFA Statues, But Who Cares?
Read More News;
- Jayalalithaa Daughter Amrutha Surfaces, But Is She the Real One?
- Tipu Sultan `Storms’ Into Political Fray in Karnataka
- Privacy Will Not Stand `Naked’ if Mobile Numbers Are Linked to Aadhar
- When You’re Tired, Your Brain Cells Actually Slow Down
- Finders Keepers To Hit Screens on November 24
- With a Boring Speech, Xi Jinping Wants to Make China Big Brother-II
- Life, Death and Sex
- Amit Shah Takes on CPM in Kerala, Aims to Lead BJP to Second Slot
- Is Finance Minister Arun Jaitley Being Sidelined?
- Unsung Martyrs of Freedom Struggle To Get a `Voice’
- Tesla Fires Hundreds in One Go Over Poor Performance