A massive fire today engulfed a tower block in London. After terror attacks and the Government getting defeated in snap polls, bad days seem to have taken over London.
A late night fire woke up London to shock and awe as huge flames engulfed a massive tower in West London. Eyewitnesses said many people who were asleep are believed to have been trapped in their homes.
Also Read: Terror Strikes Manchester Arena Concert in UK, 19 dead, 50 hurt
The fire at Grenfell Tower on the Lancaster West Estate was reported at 01:16 local time. Over 200 firefighters are tackling the blaze which is believed to be the largest in recent times.
Local officials said there is every possibility of the tower collapsing due to the fire.
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said a “major incident” had been declared.
Even as the flames continued to leap up, residents continue to be evacuated from the tower block.
There has been debris falling from the building and eyewitnesses reported hearing huge noise of glass breaking.
Don’t Miss: Neighbours sidelined Qatar accusing them of supporting terrorists
The tower is still reportedly “burning out of control”, from the tenth floor onwards. Smoke could be seen from miles away
The entire area is covered in ash and smoke.
Read More Latest News:
- Panama Cargo Ship hit-and-run: FIR Registered under IPC 304
- NEET Result 2017: Declare NEET Result, Supreme Court Ordered to CBSE
- Fake News is Venomous
- Trump Signs Executive Order To End H-1B ‘Misuse’
- India must raise ‘boycott Pakistan’ call in all sporting activity
- ISRO Heaviest Rocket Fires into The Orbit
- Did Arnab Goswami Steal Footage? Times Now Red-faced
- PhD Scholar Serves Parathas By Roadside At Night
- Indian Scientists Develop Drones With Human Brain As Command Centre
- Melania’s Hands Do All the Talking During Trump Visit