The present dispensation of the All India Football Federation(AIFF) has thrown domestic football into chaos. They perhaps intend to out beat their mentors from the BCCI (Read as the ‘Board of Chaos & Confusion in India) in creating this situation.
After all the AIFF’s President Praful Patel’s mentor in politics is none other than the former BCCI and ICC President Mr Sharad Pawar. Both belong to the NCP in politics. The AIFF secretary is also none other than Mr Kushal Das, who worked under Pawar in his ICC office in Dubai. So they have learnt the art of causing confusion very well.
How could they organize the Indian Super League by superseding the I-League? More importantly, having done so, how can they claim that the I-League is still the No 1 league and not the ISL ? How could they bring in players by auction which is unknown in world football where only player transfers are resorted to. That too online through the Transfer Matching System (TMS) set up by FIFA? How could they talk of having both leagues and to be run simultaneously? How could they allow some I-League clubs to jump over the fence and join the ISL?
Mohun Bagan, East Bengal intending to join the ISL is not surprising as they are seeking sponsorship and ISL will get them a sponsor. But that they have survived all these years with sponsorship in the I-League is being overlooked.
Their officials and coaches have despised ISL and have spoken against it in no uncertain terms.
Produced below are some statements made against the ISL by BFC.
Bengaluru FC CEO Parth Jindal said: “ISL is not the right avenue to develop Indian Football and I still don’t feel ISL is the platform that will take Indian Football forward”.
‘’I still feel ISL is not the right avenue for the development of a player. I still don’t believe ISL is the platform that will take Indian football forward. But I don’t want to deny a player the opportunity to play in ISL as long as they come back to us. It’s difficult because for the three months they are away, they will be playing under different coaches and systems. A lot of the progress that Westwood has managed to make with the players might get undermined. That is my fundamental issue with ISL. But it is the way that the AIFF has thought we should take things forward and I don’t want to cause a problem.”
“Owning an Indian club is currently a “loss making venture but there was scope for improvement in the future. We formed BFC to enhance Indian football; this is the best way to make an impact.”
Parth has been a known critic of Indian Super League and has often aired his displeasure. But now the same club is not averse to joining the tamasha. Shocking..!
If these four clubs move over, what is left of the I-League? Churchill Brothers, Shillong Lajong, DSK Shivajians, Chennai FC, Mimerva Punjab FC? Mumbai FC have been relegated. DSK, Minerva and Chennai have a three-year relegation holiday. So who will be the champions and who will be relegated. God forbid the AIFF may bring in a rule where the two teams could face relegation….! The bungling circle will perhaps be complete then.
Instead of strengthening the I-League and putting a stop on the 40-plus aged players’ ISL, the parent body is hell bent on pleasing their sponsors and marketing agents. After all they dole out close to Rs 70-90 crore per year in grants to the AIFF.
Also Read: FIFA Ranking of India Not A True Reflection
Money is making the AIFF run and football stopped from being run as it should be. Looks as though Indian football will have to wait for the day when someone who understands football is at the helm. These ‘cricket’ agents have already done immense harm to Indian football. It’s time officials of all state associations applied their minds and bring in the right people to run the game in the country and not stop it from being run.
Read More Sports News:
- Basketball: Oceania Nations May Make for Lopsided Competition Either Way
- It’s Real Madrid Vs Juventus
- Why is Lionel Messi a Left-Footed Wonder
- Pele Is The Greatest; Maradona, Messi, Cristiano Stand in No Comparison
- Aizwal Keep Date With Destiny Despite Sabotage Attempts
- Legalised Sports Betting The Way Forward
- Why Dhoni Decided to Give up Captaincy?
- David Warner: A Pinch-Hitter Like None Other in IPL T20
- Study and Sports Can Go Hand-in-Hand: Archana Pai Shows The Way
- Shanto Mitra: Great Defender and A No-Nonsense Gentleman
- Facebook’s Manual to Live Streaming Suicides, Crimes: We Don’t Care
- Womb Transplant: Pune Creates Medical History
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case: Major Win for India, But Do Not Trust Pakistan
- Narendra Modi’s Political Mentor May Join Him
- Baahubali Clones Would Not Survive
- P Chidambaram Is No Holy Cow, Time To Come Clean Now
- Do Not Spare Shameless Lalu Prasad Yadav This Time
- 12-Year-Old Girl Loses Fight Against Cancer, Father
- Karnataka’s World Record – A Football Stadium in The Making For 50 Years
- After Major Cyber Attack Across 99 Countries, Is Aadhar Still Safe?