New Delhi: Actress Riya Chakraborty has always lived in Mumbai. She was in Mumbai on June 14, the day Sushant Singh Rajput passed away, but was not allowed to attend His funeral, her lawyer Satish Maneshinde said in a statement Monday. His statement came a few days after Bihar police claimed that its team was unable to find her. Meanwhile, Satish Maneshinde also added that Riya’s name was removed from the list of 20 people who were allowed to attend Sushant’s funeral.
Confirming Riya’s presence with the Mumbai police to record her statement in the case, her lawyer said: “The Mumbai police called her to the Bandra police station on June 18. Her statement was recorded there. Subsequently. She was called to appear. July 17 at the Santa Cruz police station. She appeared and recorded her supplementary statement.”
Riya has been on the news since Sushant’s death. The two were in a relationship.
However, last week, Sushant’s father, KK Singh, filed an FIR against Her accusing the actress of cheating and harassment. After FIR, a team from the Bihar police launched an investigation in Mumbai, which has not gone well with the Mumbai police. Riya has also demanded that the Supreme Court change the Patna FIR to Mumbai.
Of which, Satish Maneshinde said in a statement: “Later, when the Bihar police arrived in Mumbai to investigate a case based on an FIR registered in Patna, they approached the Supreme Court and filed a transfer request on 30 July in Mumbai In view of the legal situation in the case, the case filed beyond the jurisdiction of the local police station where the alleged incident occurred can only record a ‘zero FIR’ and transfer it to Mumbai for investigation where the criminal law has already been set in motion. The Bihar police have no jurisdiction to investigate the case. “
Sushant died by suicide in Mumbai on June 14. Riya was seen at Cooper Hospital, where His body was taken for a post-mortem on June 15.