To many, he is a joker in politics, but Lalu Prasad is a clever cookie. He knows how to make money from fodder and cattle. He is one of the most corrupt politicians and the Supreme Court has ordered him to face trial in 4 cases.
The Supreme Court on Monday ordered Yadav to face trial in four cases related to the fodder scam. This is a scam that has been dragging on for years. But now, the apex court has ordered that the trial court complete the trial within nine months.
Lalu Prasad is one of the most corrupt politicians. To many he may sound as a joker, but in reality he is a corrupt joker in India’s political pack. Now his children too are following his footsteps by amassing wealth and real estate.
In a move that may bring the slippery Lalu to books, the Supreme Court today set aside the Jharkhand HC order by which trial against Lalu and others were stayed after his conviction in one of the fodder scam cases. Former CM Jagannath Mishra will also face trial in the case.
The case goes back to October 2013 when the RJD chief was convicted by a special CBI court in Ranchi. He was sentenced to five years’ imprisonment in one of the cases. Following the conviction, he was disqualified and barred from contesting any election for 11 years. Lalu then moved the Jharkhand HC challenging the verdict of the CBI court.
The fodder scam relates to fraudulent withdrawal of around Rs 1,000 crore by the Bihar animal husbandry department from various districts from 1990 to 1997 when Lalu was the chief minister. The amount was withdrawn allegedly using fake bills that showed that the money had been spent on buying medicines and fodder for cattle.
But the real `fodder’ was eaten by Lalu and his gang.
You May Like To Read:
- A Glow Stick That Detects Cancer
- Stealth Strikes Are the Best Option Before India At Pakistan Border
- VIP or EPI? The Common Man is Still CHI (Constantly Harassed Indian)
- Shanto Mitra: Great Defender and A No-Nonsense Gentleman
- Rs 1,000 Crore Stolen By Global Cyber Thieves, But Govt Gets it Back
- Keralite Harvests Miracle Paddy Crop in Desert Sands of UAE
- Bahubali 2 The Conclusion Lives Beyond Its Expectations
- UDAN Is Good on Paper to Fly, May Not Benefit Common Man
- Kamaal R Khan Insults Mohanlal, Calls Him a Joker and Chota Bheem
- Vidya Balan’s ‘Begum’ no ‘Jaan’ Anymore?