Post Gaikwad–Air India row, the Union Government has issued a ‘no-fly’ list rules list for unruly passengers. Now strictly implement these rules right to the dot.
Also Read: Shiv Sena MP Beats AI Staffer With Slippers
Civil Aviation Minister Ashok G Raju, MoS Jayant Sinha and Civil Aviation Secretary R N Choubey released the list saying:
“Punishment for unruly behaviour into three categories, 1st category is three months, level 2 will be six months and level three will be two years or more. Level 1 will be disruptive behaviour like physical gestures. etc., level 2 will be physically abusive behaviour like pushing, kicking, sexual harassment, and level 3 for life-threatening behaviour.”
This is a good beginning. It is easy to frame rules, but the toughest part is in its implementation. Does the government believe that uncivilized people and goondas like Ravindra Gaikwad would ever obey these rules? Probably these rules would be implemented on the aam admi or the common man, not goondas who masquerade themselves as politicians.
The government should also arm the airlines with muscle power to prevent violators from flying — MPs, politicians or the rich and powerful.
Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju and his deputy Jayant Sinha today made the new rules public. There will be a month-long time frame for the public to comment on it. The ministry will study the inputs and subsequently formulate the final Civil Aviation Requirement of CAR.
In 2015 alone, there had been 10,854 reported cases of unruly behaviour by the passengers across airlines worldwide, according to the International Air Transport Association figures as quoted by ANI.
It may be recalled that in March, the Shiv Sena MP from Osmanabad Ravindra Gaikwad had assaulted a 60-year-old AI staffer R Sukumar with his slippers 25 times over a seating issue. Following the incident, flying restrictions had been imposed on Gaikwad which were subsequently lifted after protests by Shiv Sena members and an undertaking by Gaiwad stating that such incidents would not reoccur.
- Smartron’s Smartphone Launched in India With Sachin’s Initials
- A Glow Stick That Detects Cancer
- Stealth Strikes Are the Best Option Before India At Pakistan Border
- VIP or EPI? The Common Man is Still CHI (Constantly Harassed Indian)
- Confused Pinarayi Vijayan Gets a ` Fine Slap’ From Supreme Court For Making Mockery of Justice
- Rs 1,000 Crore Stolen By Global Cyber Thieves, But Govt Gets it Back
- Keralite Harvests Miracle Paddy Crop in Desert Sands of UAE
- Bahubali 2 The Conclusion Lives Beyond Its Expectations
- Kamaal R Khan Insults Mohanlal, Calls Him a Joker and Chota Bheem
- Vidya Balan’s ‘Begum’ no ‘Jaan’ Anymore?