After the epic success of Baahubali, another ambitious project is on the anvil – a three-part, trilingual on Shri Ram with all the visual extravaganza.
Following the epic success of Baahubali, three filmmakers have joined hands to bring Shri Ram to the big screen with all the special effects and live action. The three parts would, like Baahubali, be a visual extravaganza.
Will Ram outmatch Baahubali? That is the new question after the much hyped question on why Kattappa killed Baahubali.
The total budget for the three-part trilingual is estimated to be around Rs 500 crore.
The three producers who have joined hands are Allu Aravind, Namit Malhotra and Madhu Mantena. With Ram emerging as the hot religious icon of the Hindi belt, the Ramayan packed with special effects would be in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil.
It will be shot in 3D and released as a three-part series.
“It’s a huge responsibility but the Ramayana needs to be told on the big screen in the most magnificent way possible. We are committed to delivering a spectacular extravaganza,” Allu Aravind was quoted in the media.
The three producers have been pouring over the script line by line for over a year
Ramayan has not been presented on the big screen for many years now. So, the trio thought that it was time for Ram to storm the big screen. And with technology advancing at a fast pace on the visual and sound fronts, Ram would be seen in an entirely new avatar backed by computer aided special effects.
Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan with Arun Govil and Deepika Chikhalia as Ram and Sita was telecast on Doordarshan in 1987-88. That was a big success. This was followed by another adaption of the epic by Sagar Arts in 2008 with Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee in the lead.
More Entertainment News:
- Bahubali 2 The Conclusion Lives Beyond Its Expectations
- Kamaal R Khan Insults Mohanlal, Calls Him a Joker and Chota Bheem
- Vidya Balan’s ‘Begum’ no ‘Jaan’ Anymore?
- 64th National Film Awards: Akshay Kumar Best Actor, Surabhi Actress, Special Mention for Mohan Lal & Sonam Kapoor
- Badminton Champion PV Sindhu Has Bollywood Ambitions
- Anjali — the First Transsexual Heroine
- Tamil Star Varalaxmi Makes Shocking Revelations
- OS Unnikrishnan, The Rising Star of Malayalam Film Songs
You May Like To Read:
- Trump’s Ominous Shadow Falls on Colleges in Bengaluru
- Republic of Arnab Goswami, You Are Wrong on Shashi Tharoor
- Saudi Amnesty: About 20,000 Indians to return
- Taking Selfie in UAE can land you in jail
- India To Figure In World Basketball Qualifiers
- IPL: All Eyes Will Be on Hyderabad
- Implement No-Fly Rules Strictly Right to the Dot
- Smartron’s Smartphone Launched in India With Sachin’s Initials
- A Glow Stick That Detects Cancer
- Fans Are Heart And Soul of Football Clubs